DEPARTMENT OF EXTENSION EDUCATION
Extension education means an out of school system of education..
It is applied behavioral science the knowledge of which is to bring about desirable changes in the behavioral complex of human beings usually through various strategies and programmes of change and by applying the latest scientific and technological innovation
OBJECTIVE OF EXTENSION EDUCATION
1) Dissemination information among rural area 2) solving problems of rural people 3) helping farmer 4) applied research technology used in farmer field
ROLE OF EXTENSION EDUCATION
PUBLIC EXTENSION SERVICES
1) State government line departments operated extension department of agriculture. Horticulture and livestock department
2) State agricultural Universities based extension (Directorates of education krishi vigyan kendras.
3) ICAR extension (zonal research station/ agriculture technology information centre ATIC / Institute village linkage programme
PRIVATE EXTENSION SERVICES
1) Community based organization, Farmer organization, Self help group (SHG)
2) Para extension worker (contact farmer, Link farmer, kisan mitra
3) Input suppliers /dealers (pesticides, seed, nutrients, farm implements)
4) Professor of Extension Education